You are eligible to take part in Axiata Game Hero if you are:
- of age 18 and above
- a Citizen of Malaysia; and
- an user has had an active mobile number
There are 2 steps to be completed in order to join the tournament:
- Register to Axiata Game Hero with RM10.00 one-time fee.
- Verify your Free Fire account using a valid Free Fire nickname and ID.
There are 2 stages:
Stage 1: Solo mode
At the beginning until 30th September 2019. The Participant will start to play as a Solo player and score will be automatically uploaded to the Solo leaderboard. Only the results of those Solo players with the highest score earned during the Solo Tournament will be uploaded to the Leaderboard.
Stage 2: Squad
From 1st October 2019 to 31st October 2019, the top 48 Solo players on the Solo Leaderboard by end of Stage 1, will proceed to form squads in order to proceed to the National Championship.
There are a few important rules to take note.
- The organizer will create 12 Squads and invite all top 48 solo players to find their members and join the Squads.
- Each Participant can be a member of only one Squad throughout the Tournament.
- The member who has the highest score among the other members in the same Squad, is automatically the Squad leader.
- A Squad may not change its Squad name throughout the tournament.
- Squad leader is responsible to approve or reject the request to join Squad which is shown in Profile page.
- If 1 or more members leave the Squad or is/are disqualified from the tournament, the organizer will replace with new member(s).
- If the Squad leader left the Squad, the second person who has the highest score automatically becomes the Squad leader.
The first season of tournament runs from May 2019 to December 2019:
There are 3 stages in the tournament. Each tournament stage is carried out as the following:
How it Works
- Tournament Trials starts (GMT+8) 12.01pm of 31st May 2019 to (GMT+8) 12.00pm of 31st October 2019.
- The Participant will start to play as a Solo player and score will be automatically uploaded to the Solo leaderboard.
- No custom room is allowed, the scores from custom room will not be taken into account.
- Only the results of those Solo players with the highest score earned during the Solo Tournament will be uploaded to the Leaderboard on Axiata Game Hero website which will be considered final.
- If 2 or more Solo players achieved the same score by the end of the Solo Tournament (a tie score), the Solo player who attained the first tied score will be ahead of the other Solo player who attained the tied score at a later time.
- The top 48 Solo players on the Solo Leaderboard by end of the Solo Tournament, will proceed to form 12 Squads.
- Top 12 Squads on the Leaderboard by the end of Tournament Trials will be invited to the live National Championship.
- The 12 Squads will be contacted accordingly and if any Squad is not reachable within 3 days, the Squad is considered given up its right to participate in the National Championship.
Live Tournament, National Level
- The date of National Championship is on 16th November 2019.
- Final 3 Squads with the highest scores will be invited to the live Grand Championship in Malaysia.
- The rules of National Championship will be announced at a later date
Live tournament, Regional Level
- The date of Grand Championship is on 21st & 22nd December 2019.
- The rules of Grand Championship will be announced at a later date.
Score Calculation For National and Grand Championship
The scores of each game are calculated as shown in this table:
Team Kills Count
All participants are expected to play at their best at all times without getting involved in the following offences:
Cooperation with competing participants to cheat or deceive in order to gain an unfair advantage. Acts of collusion include, but are not limited to:
- Soft play (Any agreement among participants to not play at a reasonable or expected standard of competition in a game)
- Prior arrangements to split tournament prizes
- Receiving information and signals from external sources during a match
- Losing Deliberately
- Looking at spectator monitors or mobile phones of other participants
- Intentionally disconnect without any officials’ approval
Any modification of the Garena Free Fire game client, and the use of any 3rd party apps within the game is strictly prohibited
Deliberate abuse of bugs to gain an advantage
Using another player or participant’s account
Strictly not allowed, if player are found using pc emulators the squad will be disqualified
The prizes for Axiata Game Hero will be as follow:
National Championship (Malaysia)
No. of winner(s)
4 - 5
6 - 12
Grand Championship* The value of cash prizes is inclusive of USD500 per person for traveling transportation to Grand Championship in Malaysia.
No. of winner(s)
4 - 7
8 - 12
Other Mobile Apps
During the course of each game, participants are not allowed to have any other apps running in the background. As long as the participant or any of his/her team members are still alive in the game, they are not allowed to minimize the Free Fire Battlegrounds app.
If participants are using devices loaned to them by the tournament officials or organizers, they are not allowed to download or install any apps onto the device. Offenders will incur one infraction points.
Participants are not allowed to receive notifications on their mobile device during the course of each match. Offenders will incur one infraction points. If a participant receives information on an on-going match that his/her team is competing it, the team will be immediately disqualified.
Participants are to use the in-game voice chat function to communicate with their teammates in-game. Usage of any third party apps are not allowed. Offenders will incur one infraction points.
If the in-game voice chat service is not available, Garena officials will designate a third-party app for all participants to use. The choice of apps or voice chat service used is subject to the sole discretion of tournament officials.
Participants are allowed to use any joystick, mobile phone case, matte screen protectors, or any other peripherals so long as they do not modify the game’s controls. (e.g. Peripherals which add shoulder buttons for firing weapons). Participants have to rely solely on the game’s on-screen controls. Offenders will incur one infraction points, and have to remove the offending equipment.
Participants are required to use headphones throughout each game during the tournament. A participant may not take off their headphones so long as their team is still active (at least one member alive) in the game. Offenders will incur one infraction points.
If the Tournament’s organizers do not provide headphones, participants are required to bring their own headphones.
An event may provide devices for the participants to use. The tournament officials may choose, at their sole discretion, to enforce all participants to use the provided devices for competition.
If a participant is using a provided device, they are not allowed to disconnect any cables or devices.
Any changes made to the device configuration, connections, and cabling will result in two infraction points. If a participant, with or without intention, disconnects any cabling and suffers network/gameplay difficulties, they will not be offered any remake or pauses.
It is mandatory for all participants to be connected to the tournament-provided Ethernet & WiFi connection for tournament matches. Offenders who do not comply will incur 1 infraction point.
Participants are not allowed to intentionally cause a disconnection during a game. Offenders will incur one infraction points.
If participants are disconnected due to network issues, they are allowed to reconnect back to the game while the match is still ongoing. Participants are not allowed to request for a pause or a remake due to a disconnection.
However, game officials may consider a remake, at their sole discretion, under one of the following conditions:
- Game server failure - all players are unable to reconnect
- If 10 players or more are disconnected at the same time due to network issues
All participants are to report to the Tournament’s organizers within the requested time frame.
Teams which are late for up to 15 minutes will incur one infraction points.
Teams which are late for up to 30 minutes will incur two infraction points.
Teams which are late for more than 30 minutes will be immediately disqualified.
Tournament organizers are not obliged to delay any game from starting on schedule to accommodate late teams. If a round has started before a participating team’s arrival, the late team will forfeit that round.
Tournament organizers may delay any game at their sole discretion, owing to extenuating circumstances such as difficult weather, crowd control, or game server issues.
Teams will accumulate infraction points for their members’ offenses. Penalties for infraction points are:
The above penalties apply for all teams regardless of team size (Squads, Duos, or Solos).
Participants will be disqualified under the following scenarios:
- Involved in offences as listed under Fair Play.
- Intentional use of any bugs, glitches, or errors in the game.
- In Game Name with vulgaries and bad mouth wordings.
- Inactive Axiata Game Hero subscription.
- Garena Free Fire account suspended.
- Left or removed from the Squad.
To protect the integrity of the tournament, the organiser reserves the right to disqualify Solo/Squads which purposefully stalls or attempts to block the tournament from starting. Players are not allowed to add, modify or remove game files from their intended state. Any such manipulation will result in immediate disqualification. Intentionally changing your character’s angle to look through texture or object is prohibited. Players are not allowed to set two actions to the same key in key bindings.