Participants Eligibility1. You are eligible to take part in Axiata Game Hero if you are:
- (a) Of age 16 and above; (parental consent letter is needed for participants (“Participants”) below 18 years old)
- (b) A user is an active postpaid or prepaid’ users of Axiata Group Berhad- Celcom Axiata, Boost, Dialog Axiata, Robi Axiata and Smart Axiata.
- (c) Citizen or currently reside either in Malaysia, Cambodia, Bangladesh or Sri Lanka
- (d) The members of a team to have the same citizenship
- (e) Owned an active and valid Playerunknown’s Batteground ID and game’s application (“PUBG”)
2. It is the responsibility of the Participant to ensure that they are legally entitled to participate in the Tournament.
3. The Organizers may in their absolute discretion curtail or extend the Tournament Period, as it deems necessary without any liability whatsoever and without any obligation of giving prior notice; and no communication in this regard will be entertained.
4. By participating in this Tournament, a Participant unconditionally and irrevocably accepts and agrees to be bound by all the terms and conditions (click here) as stated herein at all times without any exception whatsoever. Organizer reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions of this Tournament, without any prior notice and liability, expressed or implied
5. The decision of the Organizers with regard to validity of the participation shall be final and no claim or communication would be entertained by the Organizers in this respect.
6. Participant indulging in providing false details such as fake personal information, multiple identities, or using fake software, hacking tools, cheat codes, corrupt software etc., or undertaking any act which is in contravention of applicable laws, would be disqualified with immediate effect without any liability for compensation or alternate opportunity to participate in this Tournament. One Participant can participate using one account only and shall not use multiple names/login credentials to participate as separate Participants. If such a breach comes to the knowledge of the Organizers/auditor at any stage of the Tournament, the participation of such Participant
7. By participating in the Tournament, the Participants, unless the Organizers advises otherwise or it is prohibited in law, license and grant the Organizer, its affiliates and sub-licensees an exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display any images, videos, creative content that Participants may submit, or their names, scores, statistics of participation on App, etc. in whole or in part, for any purpose including but not limited to future promotion, marketing, advertising or publicity purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
8. The Participant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Organizers and their respective officers, directors, employees, and affiliated organizations, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders and employees, from and against any and all claims, demands, damages, costs, liabilities and causes of action of whatsoever nature that are based upon or arise out of any breach by the Participant of these terms and conditions or the warranties and representations made by the Participant in this Tournament.
9. Except as specifically set out herein and to the maximum extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are hereby excluded. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we hereby exclude and shall not have any liability to any Participant or winner in connection with or arising out of this Tournament howsoever caused, including for any costs, expenses, forfeited Prize, damages and other liabilities
10. Organizers assume no liability or responsibility for (i) any errors, omissions or inaccuracies of content or submissions, (ii) personal injury or property damage of any nature resulting from Participant’s access to, Participant’s exposure to or Participant’s participation in the Tournament (iii) Any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information that may be contained therein (iv) Any deletion of data or interruption or discontinuance of transmission to or from or through the Tournament.
11. Organizers shall not be responsible for inability of the Participant to access or play the game on App at its optimum functionality, in case this is caused due to slow internet speed, or due to Participant using a device which does not meet the technical specifications required for hosting the App.
12. Organizers shall not be responsible for any loss, injury, death or any other liability arising out of the Tournament or due to participation by any person in the Tournament.
13. Organizers shall not be liable for any loss or damage due to Act of God, Governmental actions, other force majeure circumstances and shall not be liable to pay any amount as compensation or otherwise for any such loss.
14. By entering the Tournament all winners of the Tournament consent to the use of their personal data by the Organizer for the running of the Tournament and for any events or publicity of the Tournament in any form or through any media.
15. If for any reason the Tournament is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Organizers which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Tournament, the Organizers reserve the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Tournament and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Tournament.
16. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Organizers and which prevents the Organizers from complying with these Terms and Conditions, the Organizers will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
17. By participating in the Tournament, each Participant specifically accepts as follows (a) that he/she has fully read and understood all the Terms and Conditions (click here) and be unconditionally bound by them b) that he/she satisfies the eligibility requirements under the Terms and Conditions c) that he/she unconditionally accepts the winner(s) so selected d) that he/she shall honor all decisions of Organizers with regard to the Tournament and its interpretation and not to challenge them (e) to comply with all Central, State, local laws and regulations for the purpose of this Tournament.
Participants may not use language that is obscene, foul, vulgar, insulting, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, or otherwise offensive or objectionable (“Foul Language”), in or near the match area. Participants are not allowed to use any Foul Language during any public-facing events, such as interviews. Each offense will incur a maximum of two infraction points, as deemed appropriate by the organisers. Abuse of Tournament organisers, other participants, or audience members will not be tolerated. Repeated violations, including but not limited to verbal abuse, touching another Participant's devices, body, or property will result in infraction point penalties. Participants and their guests (if any) must treat all individuals attending a match with respect.
Abuse of Tournament organisers, other participants, or audience members will not be tolerated. Repeated violations, including but not limited to verbal abuse, touching another Participant's devices, body, or property will result in infraction point penalties. Participants and their guests (if any) must treat all individuals attending a match with respect.
19. Other Mobile Apps
During the course of each game, participants are not allowed to have any other apps running in the background. As long as the participant or any of his/her team members are still alive in the game, they are not allowed to minimize the PUBG app.
If participants are using devices loaned to them by the tournament officials or organizers, they are not allowed to download or install any apps onto the device. Offenders will incur one infraction points.
• App Notifications
Participants are not allowed to receive notifications on their mobile device during the course of each match. Offenders will incur one infraction points. If a participant receives information on an on-going match that his/her team is competing it, the team will be immediately disqualified.
• In-game Communications
Participants are to use the in-game voice chat function to communicate with their teammates in-game. Usage of any third-party apps are not allowed. Offenders will incur one infraction points.
If the in-game voice chat service is not available, officials will designate a third-party app for all participants to use. The choice of apps or voice chat service used is subject to the sole discretion of tournament officials.
Only Smartphones or Mobile Phones are allowed during competitions. Tablets or Personal Computers or Mac Systems are not allowed. Any usage of Tablets or Personal Computers or Mac System detected, the participants shall be disqualified from the competition.
• Device Peripherals
Participants are allowed to use any joystick, mobile phone case, matte screen protectors, or any other peripherals so long as they do not modify the game’s controls. (e.g. Peripherals which add shoulder buttons for firing weapons). Participants have to rely solely on the game’s on-screen controls. Offenders will incur one infraction points, and have to remove the offending equipment.
Participants are required to use headphones throughout each game during the tournament. A participant may not take off their headphones so long as their team is still active (at least one member alive) in the game. Offenders will incur one infraction points.
If the Tournament’s organizers do not provide headphones, participants are required to bring their own headphones.
• On-stage Devices
An event may provide devices for the participants to use. The tournament officials may choose, at their sole discretion, to enforce all participants to use the provided devices for competition.
If a participant is using a provided device, they are not allowed to disconnect any cables or devices.
Any changes made to the device configuration, connections, and cabling will result in two infraction points. If a participant, with or without intention, disconnects any cabling and suffers network/gameplay difficulties, they will not be offered any remake or pauses.
• Tournament Account
During offline events, the Organizers may provide Tournament accounts for each Participant. These accounts will be pre-loaded onto every mobile device and the Participants must use the Tournament accounts to compete. Players who log out of the tournament accounts for any reason will incur one infraction point.
It is mandatory for all participants to be connected to the tournament-provided Ethernet & WiFi connection for tournament matches. Offenders who do not comply will incur 1 infraction point.
Participants are not allowed to intentionally cause a disconnection during a game. Offenders will incur one infraction points.
If participants are disconnected due to network issues, they are allowed to reconnect back to the game while the match is still ongoing. Participants are not allowed to request for a pause or a remake due to a disconnection.
However, game officials may consider a remake, at their sole discretion, under one of the following conditions:
- Game server failure - all players are unable to reconnect
- If 10 Participants or more are disconnected at the same time due to network issues
- If 4 or more of the Participants are stuck in lobby during start game
- For Solo Series, if a remake fails to happen, for each disconnected Participants will be rewarded with a compensation point of thirty (30).
- For Squad Series, National Championship and Grand Championship, a remake fails to happen, for each disconnected Participants, the team will be rewarded with a compensation point of ten (10).
For Offline Events only, WiFi connection will be provided to the Participants. The WiFi connection comes with dual-band connectivity which are 2.4ghz and 5ghz. The organiser is not responsible if the Participants’ mobile device is unable to support the 5ghz connection, in which the Participant shall proceed with the Tournament using the 2.4ghz connection. The organiser shall not be responsible if any bad connectivity happens due to interference around the Tournament area.
All participants are to report to the Tournament’s organizers within the requested time frame.
- Teams which are late for up to 15 minutes will incur one infraction points
- Teams which are late for up to 30 minutes will incur two infraction points.
- Teams which are late for more than 30 minutes will be immediately disqualified.
Tournament organizers are not obliged to delay any game from starting on schedule to accommodate late teams. If a round has started before a participating team’s arrival, the late team will forfeit that round.
Tournament organizers may delay any game at their sole discretion, owing to extenuating circumstances such as difficult weather, crowd control, or game server issues.
If there are two or more teams tied on points at the end of a series, the tiebreaker will be decided by their placement points. If the teams are also tied on placement points, the teams will be ranked according to their placements in the last game of the series (e.g. ranking in 8th game in a Best-of-8, ranking in 6th game in a Best-of-6, etc)
25. Ownership Restrictions
Team Owners (“Team Owners”) are parties that have vested interest in a Participant or a group of Participants or Team competing in the tournament. An "interest" can be defined as any of the following: a direct or indirect financial interest, or status as an officer, manager, director, stockholder, or any other role whereby a person directly participates in the operations of such teams.
Team Owners shall not have an interest in more than one team participating in the Finals of any Axiata Game Hero tournament. "Finals" are defined as the final round matches to be played between 12 teams to determine the champion of any Axiata Game Hero tournament.
The Organizer reserves the right to make the final determination regarding team ownership. If a Team Owner, or an affiliate of the Team Owner is found to have interest in multiple teams, the Team Owner will be required to immediately divest said interest in one of the two teams. The Organizers shall also choose to, at its sole discretion, to punish the Owner and the teams.
The Organizer reserves the right to prohibit or remove teams with sponsors or partners that are solely or widely known for pornographic, drug use or other adult/mature themes and products from Axiata Game Hero tournaments at any time.
27. Infraction Points
Teams will accumulate infraction points for their members’ offenses. Penalties for infraction points are:
- 1~3 points: Verbal Warnings
- 4 points and above: Immediate Disqualification
The above penalties apply for all teams regardless of team size (Squads, Duos, or Solos).
Participants will be disqualified under the following scenarios:
- Involved in offences as listed under Fair Play
- Intentional use of any bugs, glitches, or errors in the game.
- In Game Name with vulgaries and bad mouth wordings.
- Inactive Axiata Game Hero subscription. This is defined as expired subscription for more than 48 hours. All scores obtained from the expired Axiata Game Hero subscription account will be reset or become zero once the said Axiata Game Hero subscription is deemed inactive
- PUBG account suspended.
- Left or removed from the Squad.
- If any Participants or teams are deemed, at the discretion of the organiser, to intentionally leave or not complete a part of or full part of a game, the said Participants or teams shall be disqualified from the Tournament.
- To protect the integrity of the tournament, the organiser reserves the right to disqualify Solo/Squads which purposefully stalls or attempts to block the tournament from starting. Players are not allowed to add, modify or remove game files from their intended state. Any such manipulation will result in immediate disqualification. Intentionally changing your character’s angle to look through texture or object is prohibited. Players are not allowed to set two actions to the same key in key bindings.
Time and tide wait for no man. It's now or never!
Exclusive for Celcom users. RM4/week. T&C apply.